Despite it being the Vernal Equinox, 4x Mr Olympia viewer Dom Mazzetti and his less jacked twin brother Bradley Martyn crush a hardcore leg workout at Barbell Brigade. Fueled by an entire tub of Gnar Pump’s savage ingredients, Dom embarrasses Bradley with unmanageable strength and a strong shoe game (those red Blazers tho).
Although fellow BroSupps athletes 2014x Mr. Universe Jesus Christ and Gnar Bear were unavailable for the intense squat session, Brad represented the team in Dom’s first leg workout of the year. Mazzetti drops pearls of wisdom regarding leg exercises like the Standing Barbell Curl, and how to play mental tricks for brain confusion and the resulting muscle (bicep) confusion.
Get a little bicep pump so you don’t look like a chump in the mirror.
Check out the video to see how Dom rewards and motivates himself with arm pumps, and to glimpse the occasional frame that Bradley manages to out-angle Dom with camera and lighting trickery. The Bro-scientist’s hardcore leg day is also summarized below:
Anyone can hit a leg day, but I’m hitting legs and arms.
DOM MAZZETTI’S LEG WORKOUT
- Warm-up: Barbell Curls
- Squats: 1 set of 1 rep
- Rope Hammer Curls: 4 sets of 8 – 15 reps
- Squat Rack Pullups superset with Tricep Dips: 1 set of 12 reps
- Squats: 1 set of 2 reps
- Seated Overhead Dumbbell Extensions superset with Seated Incline Curls: 3 sets of 8 – 15 reps
- Plate Hammer Curls: Drop set to failure from 45 lbs down to 2 lb plates
- Rope Pushdowns: 3 sets of 8 – 15 reps
- EZ Bar Preacher Curl bro-set with Standing EZ Bar Curls
- Close Grip Bench Press: 3 reps
Why did we even think about doing legs?