Watch IFBB Physique competitor Steve Cook take on Crossfit Games athlete Brooke Ence in a quick training circuit at Crossfit Dixie in Utah. Steve says he’s not as focused on competing anymore and wants to include more Olympic lifts and gymnastics into his training to maintain a lean physique year-round, rather than dieting down for just 1 week.
Steve managed to clean a sloppy 300 lb thanks to his strong biceps and hair in the routine listed below, which wouldn’t be complete without a few arm accessories:
STEVE COOK CROSSFIT & ARMS WORKOUT
- Power Clean: 3 sets of: 3 reps at 70% 1RM, 2 reps at 75% 1RM, 1 rep at 80% 1RM
- Back Squat: 4 sets of 6 reps at 65%, 70%, 75%, 75% 1RM
- 7 minute AMRAP set of Front Squats: Cycling between 2, 4, and 6 reps super-setted with Burpees over the bar
- Incline Dumbbell Curls super-setted with Dips
- Seated Incline Dumbbell Curls super-setted with Overhead Dumbbell Extensions